Sunday, March 14, 2010

Continued Prayers...

What a beautiful weekend, Thank you Lord! Since we have been MIA, and not really shared what has been going on with everyone, I thought I'd provide a status update, while we are home packing for the week.

This weekend Adolfo and I stayed at the Ranch to help his Mother and Sister who have been by Alex's side through this whole process, day in and day out. All of us other kids have continued with our work/school load, but it's getting exhausting. So we decided we needed to be out there to give them a break.

Last night we stayed up with him, but he is getting too restless and uncomfortable. He has stopped eating and drinking very little. It is the worst feeling when you love someone so much and want to make everything better, but you have absolutely no control. I am so grateful for loving family. My GMA and GPA Ribera came out yesterday to just be with us, and comfort Adolfo's mother. It means so much to us, they don't even know.

Since this week is Spring Break, and he's getting more weak and more help is needed, we've decided to stay at the ranch, continue to work but be there so nobody has to go through all this alone.

Thank you for the prayers, he is still fighting, and there are moments that he seems so strong for his condition, all his vitals were strong today, better than yesterday, so really we are just being together, praying, and supporting each other. I know this is plenty scattered, but ha, so is our life at the moment, just wanted to share, and continue to pray for Alex's comfort and the family's strength during this process. Love you all.

The Castros.

2 comments:

Gerald & Heather said...

Just wanted to say you and the rest of Adolfo's family are in our thoughts & prayers. If there is anything we can do let us know!
Love You!

Jessica said...

I'll continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.