Monday, February 01, 2010

So much Activity, So little time!

This past week was kind of a blur, and the weekend went by even faster. Among the business of work and school, Adolfo's father was rushed to the emergancy room early Friday morning. A couple of years back, Adolfo's father was diagnosed with Pancriatic Cancer. He is such a fighter, and still has such a strong spirit, but the cancer and treatments all begin to wear on your body. After many tests, on Saturday, we got all positive results from the stomach tests, and he was able to come home. Please keep Alex in your prayers, as well as the Castro Family, during these very challenging times.

He is such a sweetheart, and he hates everyone making a fuss over him. Once it's comfirmed he is ok, he always sends everyone home to rest...like I said, no matter what he is dealing with he is always thinking of everyone else.

After recieving positive test results, Adolfo and I headed home. Saturday night was Ladie's Game Night, and we had so much fun....


Eating, playing, laughing......

Sunday was full trying to catch up and rest. I had class, and it was homework, and a little shopping for Adolfo. We tried to re-negociate a new phone plan, but to get the best deal we just need to wait till June. That's ok I don't mind waiting.....

Sundays are now my offical Coupon Sundays....Boy, have I found some great deals...I LOVE going to the store, seeing our total, and then seeing it go down one coupon at a time!


I HATE making lunches for work, I'd much rather be social for a whole hour, but with busy season, sometimes we benefit from just working through lunch....


My Aunt Emma shared this trick with us awhile back and I am just getting around to try it. She takes a roll of french bread, makes on huge sandwich, and then cuts it and packages it for lunches....all the work is done, and you are ready to go for lunch....low cost, easy to make, and most important, I am not having to make lunches in the AM, add a piece of fruit, bag of chips and your done....

That's 2 lunches for Me, Adolfo and Tay....

Thanks, Aunt Emma!

Tonight Tay and I just got groceries for the week, and enjoyed a quick dinner....Here is Tay trying to get away with things she can't do at home....

No manners I tell you!

We are just embracing the current state of craziness, but we are happy, we are healthy, and we are surrounded by the ones we love....what more do we need!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll keep Adolfo's dad in my prayers. Sorry to hear about that.

Celeste Castro said...

Thanks Jess, you're so sweet!