Friday, June 18, 2010

After 2 LONG years, today is the day!

Since I was a little girl people have always told me I have such pretty, thick natural brown hair.

Two years ago, I was getting my hair cut for my bridal portraits, and I told my stylist I wanted to do something special with my hair. I love my hair, it's a blessing, and I wanted to share it.

I decided from that day forward I was not going to cut my hair, just trims and shaping, until I found an organization, and I had the proper length.

Originally my plans were to donate to Locks of Love, but they wanted 10 inches, and I still felt like that was going to take awhile. Long hair has definitely tested my patience, and so I started doing research about organizations, and to see if there were others that would require a shorter length. I found Pantene Beautiful Lengths, an organization that makes beautiful wigs for cancer patients, and they took 8 inches! It had been a really long time since I measured, and it's been weeks that all I can do is a bun. I was getting too frustrated with it, and I new it was time to get out the ruler again. One day at work one of my friends measured, and I had 9 inches, and some....I was SO EXCITED! The time was FINALLY here, I had a place and the right amount!

Part of this was hard because Adolfo loved my long hair, and a part of me had grown attached, but my personality is short, it's sassy, energetic, low maintenance, and I just missed short hair. I talked with Adolfo, he knew why I had originally done it, and he knows I love my hair short, and being the sweet husband he is, he said schedule an appointment! YEAH!!!

So today was the day.....All braided and ready to go!
My moral support! Tay always said she wanted to be there, so her and my Mom came to town...

Let the snipping begin, lol, I don't think I stopped smiling from this point forward!

DONE! It was so liberating, my hair was gone, my goal complete, and a cute, new haircut!

Tada, I'm LOVING it!


I am so excited to think of how this is going to help another girl. Just a fact, it takes 6 pony tails like mine to make one wig....so try it out, go long, then chop it off! Funny thing is it wasn't till I cut it off that I realized so many of my loved ones around me had such strong opinions about my hair, lol. Now, I'm ready for the summer!

~ C ~

1 comments:

Jessica said...

You go girl! I LOVE you with short hair... it just so matches your personality! I love that you did something so fantastic with your long hair-- so sweet!