Yes, please. I guess if I had to describe our Fourth of July holiday weekend, I would have to say relaxing and low key.
On Friday night, my plan was to just clean the house, buy groceries, and then head home and make dinner and watch TV with my hubby! Sounded super productive, right? .....Well, Mr. C. surprised me with plans to have a nice Olive Garden dinner date, so I said, great idea, your plans win! We had such a good time just being together, because it's been awhile....our new favorite dessert, the warm apple crisp with ice cream, YUM!
My Grandma and Grandpa came in on Saturday night to just get away from the Ranch and enjoy a night in the city! Of course, we love it when they come over. Saturday night we treated them to a nice dinner, and then we were in for the evening. My Grandpa loves westerns and a good old fashion movie, so we all got cozy and watched Dances with Wolves, he loved it! I kept hearing this sound, and Adolfo kept saying it was our neighbors surround, and I kept telling him, I love you babe, but, your wrong, lol....So I went on our balcony, and it was a fireworks show!!!!!!
On New Years, we saw an AMAZING firework show from the sport complex behind our apartments, and they did it for the 4th also, just a night before....

I LOVED it! We didn't have to leave to go find fireworks, and we got to enjoy them with our grandparents from our balcony, even better!
Me and my Grandpa, in our relaxing (No makeup) attire for the night!

Our treats....Nothing like watching Dances with Wolves, than with a nice mimosa for me, and a lavender margarita on the rocks for my Grandma, lol....I think it's supposed to be purple, but it looks blue to me???

I felt like I really slacked on the picture taking of our weekend, lol. Sunday we woke up and went to Church with my Grandparents, had a nice lunch, and then they headed home. Adolfo and I really had no plans for the forth, we just wanted to rest. So, we decided we'd go watch "Grown Ups". We loved it, lol, we laughed so hard, we love comedies, we both thought they could have made it more funny, especially with the line up, but none the less, we laughed out loud!
Because I didn't do a great job in capturing our weekend in pictures, lol, I said Babe, let's take a picture, and well not so good! BUT, isn't my husband the cutest, most handsome in his Blue Ranger's shirt I got him from my trip? I LOVE him in blue, ALL blue, so I posted this, just because this is how I love him, and it makes me smile!!!!

We also got this picture, look at the sky!!!! Red, White and Blue..... How appropriate, lol!

We loved just being together, spending a little time with family, catching some nice 4th of July sales, and getting ready for the week ahead. We hope you all had a safe, and relaxing fourth of July weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment