Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'll give you 6, can't think of 10!

Life is pretty much in control these days at the Castros. We love the Fall, but this time of the year seems to always be the busiest for us with work, school, family, celebrations, but I love it! I seem to be falling behind, but I hang in and enjoy the pictures and I will bring you to date :)!


Adolfo has been pretty busy with school these past few weeks/weekends so I have stepped away on the weekends to get out of his hair, and let him concentrate on his classes, and it seems to be working because his grades are awesome, and fingures crossed he will be starting at Texas State this time next year!

So what have I been up to you ask?.....
1. Baby N's 2nd Birthday Party!

2. Adolfo and I signed up for our first 5k Run over the Thanksgiving Holiday...and I am so happy it is in my hometown, during my most favorite time of the year!
3. Participated in the American Heart Walk 2010 with my Mom and Tay. PEC raised 53K for this event, being the biggest Corporate donor! Glad I was asked to be a part of it, it was a beautiful Saturday Morning in ATX! More importantly I got 2 new FREE t-shirts...the things we take for granted from college!


4. I had a movie date night with my Grandma, we went and saw Secretariat and I LOVED it! Don't know what Grandma loved more the movie of the popcorn.

5. Attended my cousin's baby shower, Eliana should be here within the next 2 weeks. Babies everywhere these days!

6. And last but not least, I finally got to go see the progress on my Grandparent's new house. My Grandparent's home has always been our little hill country retreat, and I couldn't believe that it burned down, but God is faithful, and with their continued hard work.... sit back and enjoy the tour!

Front view...beautiful cedar posts that wrap around half the house to the patio!

Here is the view standing at the patio looking towards the front of the house...

Standing in the breakfast nook, looking into the living room...LOVE the ceiling!

View from the kitchen, I love all the natural light they will have...directly outside those windows will be the pool/patio area!

Breakfast nook!

Kitchen, and entry way... I LOVE the arcs everywhere! See those 2 little windows in the back?

Formal Dinning! Those 2 little windows will be access to this dining room where my Grandma will have a buffet, so she can push food out of the kitchen! Can you tell she owns a restaurant, lol?

This is kind of blurry, but this is the hall form the nook to the formal dinning room, 1st door is where we will have storage, wine cellar, and ice machine....then it is a wet bar, and then a pretty snazzy washroom!

The Castro's room! Claudia and Jaime's is exactly the same but on the other side!

My Grandparent's suite.....

View from the patio, this is why I love this place...so peaceful! That pile will be moved!

So there you have it, that's life in a nutshell, haha! I am so grateful for these moments, I hope yall all have a beautiful week! And I hope to be back sooner, rather than later :)!
C.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW! Love your grandparents new home!