November always brings so many festivities into our lives. I guess if we had to chose "Our month" this would be it! For us, this month is the gateway into the most beautiful time of year. So, where have The Castro's been for a whole month? Hmmm, well let's see.....
We've celebrated our 28th birthdays! Adolfo and I are only 3 days apart so our birthday celebrations really do tend to last a good week!
He always has to start a little early, and I get to drag mine out with him, lol!

On my actual birthday, my family came into town and treated us both to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant we've been wanting to try FOREVER, haha! They spoiled us way too much, and my Aunt even made me my own personal birthday cake!

The Castro's, Cheers to another year of growing old together!

My sweet little sister and cousin joined in on the celebration!

We've also been preparing for hunting season! For Adolfo that means a great deal of work, for me it means beautiful drives to the hill country, quality time with family, and playing at the ranch! Adolfo actually took me out with him one night to just watch the feeders and I saw a nice buck! It was the quietest, most still I had to be! I love spending that time with him, it's so peaceful, my heart just raced! I don't know how someone can get that excited, and still focus! Side note: He's already got his first buck of the season, and I am patiently waiting for dried sausage, YUM, my favorite! I love my hunter man!

Our firm helped sponsor the Capital Area Food Bank, Empty Bowl Project again this year! Since it is November, Adolfo get's to skip out and Tay has always been my date to the preview party! We had a great time getting to try new gourmet soups and pick out our own special bowls, then she and I enjoyed a fun little sister bonding date night!

My special bowl, 2010, I just love it! It's so tiny, perfect for any type of spice!

We celebrated Thanksgiving in Austin this year. Adolfo always has to work on Thanksgiving, so I just spent the AM sleeping in, talking with family on the phone, and then preparing dessert for an evening Thanksgiving dinner with Adolfo's family.
We had a very low key, super relaxing Thanksgiving full of great food, family and football. I definitely fell asleep during the Cowboys game! To me, that's how you measure a successful Thanksgiving!
I hit the recliner, and I was out, haha! It's been a very busy and trying year for the Castro family, so it was special that we all could just slow down and be together.

For the past couple of years, my mother and I, have started our Christmas Shopping on Black Friday! More just to jump into the Christmas spirit and see if we spot any great deals. This year Claudia and Tay joined us, and it will definitely be an experience full of memories we will never forget! There is nothing Tay's little red hot can't handle!

The most special tradition on Thanksgiving weekend for my family, and probably every family from JC, is Light's Spectacular. I always feel like I grew up in a Hallmark movie this special weekend, every year! It's full of fireworks, funnel cakes, tamales, hot cider, parades....you name it, it's probably there! It's when Santa comes to town, and our city turns into blocks of LIGHTS! Nothing more special than Christmas, Hill Country Style!

This year Adolfo and I ran in the 2nd annual Lights Spectacular 5K. I am so proud of us because we did it! I beat my goal time by one minute, and Adolfo got 3rd in his age group! It was way more challenging than anticipated. I am so glad we did this together, love you babe!

After the race, hanging with the family, waiting for the parade to start! Our legs hurt, I couldn't stand, and he couldn't sit, haha.....

Our weekend ended relaxing at our cousin's house! I am so grateful they now live in Texas.

They spoiled us with hot cocoa at their new outside kitchen....

And s'mores and a bunch of other goodies at his new fire pit!

Chica is our s'mores queen!

And after a November like ours, at the end of the night all we wanted to do was sit by the fire, with our feet up and just be with our family, doing absolutely nothing but catching up and sharing stories, it was perfect! Oh, but note to self, don't keep your shoes by the fire too long, or the glue on your soul will begin to melt!
November never let's us down. It is always full abundantly full of all the things we love! I am so thankful for my family, and the gift of time. Time to just slow down, and surround ourselves with the most important things and people in our lives. We are so excited for what December is going to bring! So now, here we are, I am currently enjoying 3 days off of work to just re-energize, get caught up, and get things in order for all things Christmas!
Next blog: Christmas festivities, be EXCITED!
~ The Castros
1 comments:
Great catch-up-post! Happy birthday to the two of you! And major high-fives for the 5K!!!! Happy December!
Post a Comment