Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Note from THE Little Sis


Yes it's Taylor aka Tay!!!



Let me give you a little history of MY life.....



I was born on a beautiful September day...the 9th to be exact...1989! I was blessed with two senorita sisters! At the time my life consisted of drinking milk, crying, wearing crazy outfits and being forced to eat food I didn't like ALL because of my sister Claudia wanting to pretend I was HER doll!!!! A few years passed...I started to wonder why I was SO white....so I took this question to my "wonderful" senorita sisters.....and they simply answered, "Tay you're adopted!" What did that even mean?!?! I was totally taken back by their answer....SO I went outside and played with rocks. (THIS is where I developed a strong passion for collecting rocks.) I felt rocks were my only connection to my "missing" family. Who did I belong to? So, I finally built up the courage to sit down with my parents and have a heart-to-heart conversation about who I belonged to......I asked them the question: "Am I adopted?" Let's just say my senorita sisters NEVER said I was adopted AGAIN!



When I was at the tender age of 7, I was allowed to pick my own clothes out. Yes, ALL by myself!! I became a big fan of overall shorts. Why you may ask?? Because it was the only piece of clothing that had enough pockets for all my rocks!!!!



I was a truly gifted child....that's what I've been told. The only problem was I experienced a little speech problem....(WARNING: this is when you may need to go grab a tissue)....I and along with some other classmates got to attend a "special" class every other day, because we couldn't say some words "properly." Fire truck and Lassie became my favorite words...once I knew how to say them!!... To get me in trouble my senorita sisters and cousins would ask me to say those words and I stood my ground and told them, "NO my mommy said not to say them, until I learned how to say them correctly!" The next thing I knew I could TALK!!! And that "special" class was NO longer a part of my life!



I also was a kid who got "sick" a lot! The first day of school EVERY year in elementary...was a problem....or I had a problem. I think the people at school wanted me to move!!! BUT I got over that speed bump...because no one likes to see vomit!



Middle school years flew by.....the only thing I remember is being timed to do stupid tasks for my senorita sisters or getting called "Tyler" from their friends OR being forced to do things I didn't want to do...like going to the mall on Sundays or going to Queen Parades or driving hours to a softball game or feeding Claudia's friends Cheetos as they did Taebo or sitting in a car that only would move forward and back....but I did them because I usually would get a surprise later.(Claudia I am still waiting) I also played some sports.....but we lost all the time so I don't consider those good times in my life.....but I made some awesome friends then!!!



High school years....they also flew by!! But one year I can remember....in fact I remember as if it was yesterday. See, I have cousins who were pretty much absent my whole life....I never got to pick up rocks with them OR recieved any rocks from them....but BAM they appeared!! They brought some excitement to my life....since my senorita sisters were absent from my life....they taught me some things like EVERY thing happens "In Michigan" or how everything is "better" in Michigan! AND then these two other Michigan people came to the Grand State of Texas. They were named Andy and Clarisa.....I was good friends with them for six months....they took me to a few places and taught me a few things about life, love and the Pursuit of Happiness.....BUT nothing will replace the pain I felt when they left that cold October morning...BUT now I'm SO over it, I wake up every day and thank the stars that I "had" them for those 6 short months. There are times I still get to debate about how there isn't any beaches in Michigan or how better Texas is or how annoying their dog is OR how SHE needs to answer her phone once in a blue moon....yes those happen....BUT I've learned to get over it.



NOW I learned how to drive and escape crazy drivers, graduated high school, go to college(and all I do is STUDY) and eat sleep and drink Kool aid.....



So as I sit on this red couch with my Senora sister(Celeste) I am truly thankful for the blessings I have been given. All these crazy moments have made me the person I am today....I can say I am pretty happy with my life and the people in it(yes, you too Heather). On a final note, I challenge you to do this: pick up a rock and ask yourself "have I talked to Tay today?"



Peace, love and all the crazy things above!!

Tay.

0 comments: