Monday, December 01, 2008

I thank God everyday for the joy he brings to my life!

All I can say is I need many more moments like this! I enjoyed myself so much and took every opportunity to step away from all the business of my life and just enjoy the holiday moment with my family. I got into JC on Thursday evening and Tay and I were volunteered to be Mom's little helpers. We were in charge of preparing Thanksgiving desserts, Pumpkin Pies and Banana Pudding, YUM! Since we were wound up, everything was a competition, lol. Starting with who could make the best pie.....

I couldn't even get the can open, but once I did I looked like a pro, lol....
It was a piece of cake for Tay....She probably was talking crap here...Which one is mine? Tay won, mine is on the right....

We had many places to visit on Thursday, we visited the Gonzales Family, and welcomed the brand new addition, baby Emry....

We went to Gma Marie's house to see Jughead, he got a quick break, and we got to see PJ too..Thanksgiving was at our Nana's and we ate great, lol, we were so tired and full that we had to make our rounds because if not we would have just slept.


So Friday evening my Mom and I came back into Austin, Adolfo had to work over the Holiday weekend so I spent time with my family until he got off on Saturday. Friday night my Mom and I came to my house and watched UT crush the Aggies, it was so great! We mapped out our Black Friday shopping Trip and then we were out. Friday morning we were up early and headed to the stores and shopped our little hearts out, its hard work I tell ya! Friday night we went back to JC for our traditional Lights Spectacular celebration, This is my most favorite celebration in JC!

Me, my Mom and my sisters waiting for the lighting of the courthouse....
Our Church booth, lol, oh the many hours we dedicated to this place....


The park full of lights and cute decorations....


My favorite, Gingerbread Men....

Me and my sisters playing in the park.....

Jen and Sid being great community volunteers!

Claudia and Jamie playing in the park....


Our traditional picture with Santa for my Mom, lol........

I am so glad Claudia came in so we got to spend time together and enjoy the lights. It truly is my most favorite thing, there is nothing better than cold weather and the joy of Christmas! So that night after Claudia and Jaime left, we decided we would go to our Aunt Emma's house for game night!!!!!

There is never a dull moment with the Buentello's they make me laugh so hard, my cheeks hurt! Fern definitely wins the most creative player, I have a new favorite game...

I am so happy my cousin came home, I love getting to spend time with all of them doing nothing but enjoying one another's company.....

Saturday night my Hubby came into town and enjoyed lights with me! Thanks babe. First we enjoyed time together and watched Four Christmases to get excited for Saturday Lights then it was time for the parade. This is what it is all about.....If you are ever board drive to the hill country and check it out it is beautiful. Friday night we had fireworks, I always get excited with fireworks....


Adolfo with his Hot Chocolate waiting for the parade to start.....

Tay with her Coca Cola waiting for the parade to start....
Adolfo and I waiting for our JC horse carriage ride....can't wait for our city ride...


Snugglin'

Playing in the Park...I'm in love with the little gingerbread man, lol....The one time I get to be taller than him!

enjoying the lights....
The Castros
We were cold, so it was time to go home, but not without a picture of me and my Mom at PEC!


Sunday we all slept in while my parents went to church and brought us back breakfast. It was a lazy day, and it was really hard to come back to Austin, with so much down time it is hard to get back into the swing of things again. But we got back into Austin, shopped for our Christmas Party this weekend, and then just enjoyed being home. Sunday evening we put up our Christmas tree and decorations, and he were in such spirits we went to Blockbuster and rented 3 Christmas movies for the week, and cookies and milk, lol, we watched our first movie last night and have 2 to go....it was so cozy with our lights glowing and our tree sparkling, did I mention I LOVE this time of year! Well I have to go finish a few things before I go to bed! I hope each of you enjoyed your short break surrounded by all the things you love!
Next post....our Christmas decorations.

0 comments: