Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas....

As I stated in the previous blog, this past Sunday Adolfo and I put up our Christmas tree and a few Christmas decorations to get into the holiday spirit and enjoy them all month long. Since things around here don't appear to be slowing down anytime soon, I didn't want to miss out this year. So we unpacked all our Christmas decorations, put in our new Christmas CD that I have listened to a million times, lit my DIVA candle which I love and just enjoyed our Sunday evening together.

Our Snowman's 1st Christmas, lol, we saw this at Target last year after the holidays and he was on sale. We loved him so much Adolfo got him for me, and since then I have been waiting to take him out, lol, he glows...
I found this cute pillow with our initial, and it also could stand for Christmas so I got it, I love pillows.....


So I needed a little red on Adolfo's chair, and this cute pillow worked perfectly, its one of those great under your neck nap pillows, lol (note to JJ: remember our first sewing project together,lol, I think that is why I love them!)


It is important to me that our tree reflect our journey with one another. Adolfo bought me this little Christmas tree on our first Christmas together for our house in Abilene, memories....So each year we go together and pic one ornament that we love, well now that we are married we will start getting one ornament a year that represents special things for that year....well Adolfo has become an avid hunter and fisherman in 2008, so I wanted so badly to find a cute fishing ornament. It is not as easy as it sounds, but on Black Friday as my mother and I were in Michaels, look what I found! Isn't it so cute? And yes, that is Adolfo's Christmas gift under the tree, we are really bad at surprises, looks like I loss this discussion, lol...


So I said just one ornament a year, but this year is special, so we got another one. This year we were married and Suzy Q's was such a big part of our special day, so it only seemed right that our first ornament as a married couple was from no place other than Suzy Q's! It is a little of both of us, the classic little snow flake (Adolfo) with a little lace and sparkles (me), lol there is a rhinestone in the middle, I love it! It is so sweet to me that one day our family will be putting up our tree together and we will be able to share stories over and over again about each special ornament, lol, I will sound just like my mom....
Our stocking are up, lol, and with the new addition to our family, lol, TAYLOR, we thought it only right to give her her own little stocking too....She wanted to make her own but we nixed that idea because, well, we all know how creative Tay is, lol.

Our Tree
One of the most cozy feelings this time of year, is coming home and turning all the lights off and just being wrapped in a blanket on the couch by the glow of our Christmas tree, my sisters and I could stay up for hours in the living room in the dark just looking at our Christmas tree, we always had the best conversations, and now it is time to carry that over to my home. So, sometimes the conversations are a little one sided, lol, but God has blessed me with an amazing husband, who is extremely patient with me and loves being with me and letting me talk!
Well I hope everyone is enjoying getting in the Christmas spirit, we watched our last Christmas movie tonight, so we need to stock up on some more, let me know if you have any suggestions. Well off to bed, and I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Love, Ces.


0 comments: