OK, so for the last week all I have wanted to do is reconcile my checkbook and compare my Christmas Budget to what I have actually spent. Each night I tell myself, ok Celeste Get it done! and each night it doesn't get done, an hour getting it done or an hour getting forms done in caseware for work, hmmm let me see....
So today when I got home I did it! The books are reconciled, and I am under budget for Christmas Shopping at the moment, and I have got some amazing things already! Even all my wrapping supplies!! Each year it is a special little game for me to see if I can actually get everything on my list that I want and stay within my budget. Ok, it is getting to sound more nerdy, but it is a great feeling to know where all our money is going, and for Adolfo and I to really sit back and see what our habits are and where we can tighten our belts for future enjoyments.
Maybe it is the accountant in me, lol, but if I am stressed all I have to do is get my calculator out, reconcile something and the weight of the world is off my shoulders and I can move on knowing that everything flows, lol.....NERDY!
I remember when Claudia and I were still at home, and I had my license and we could drive into Marble Falls and run errands for my Mom. It was always fun for us to take my mom's Shopping list, and she would give us a budget, and tell us "Girls, Take this money and see if you can get me everything on this list, and bring me change." We always did, it was such a challenge to find the best deals for my parents and come home and show them how we did. Keep in mind we are the same girls who hit our allowance in folder cans in the back yard, ha!
So as we are grown up, the lessons have stayed with us. Claudia and I are both Budget queens, I like the numbers but I have never seen anyone research and find the deals like she does, lol, memories.
Well thanks for letting me share my little nothings with you, I hope everyone has a great Friday and beautiful weekend! I am going to enjoy the moment, Love Ces.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Is this nerdy?
Posted by Celeste Castro at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment