I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's weekend, and surrounded yourself with the many people you love. Our weekend is definitely moving too fast! Friday night, Adolfo and I just hung around the house getting out "To-do" lists done. Since I will be traveling with work for the next month we needed to make sure our life and home were in order, lol.
Saturday morning we celebrated my father in law's birthday at the ranch. It was great to get away and spend some time with the family for a little bit. Alex had a great birthday, with plenty of love and great food!
Adolfo was in charge of the cake, yum!
Birthday wishes....
My forever Valentine, lol :).....
This is our 6th Valentine to celebrate with one another, and our 1st as husband and wife. Adolfo and I have never been about the "fancy" Valentine's, no dressing up, no expensive meals, we just try and make it about us. Our first Valentine's together was celebrated in Abilene, TX while I was at ACU. I remember being so excited because Adolfo was coming up to visit for the weekend and be my Valentine. I remember I had a HUGE Accounting test, who does that?, and he was also coming to help me prep. I loved studying with him, I would read out loud to him and explain accounting terms and concepts, because that is how I learned, lol....oh the things he did for me, love you babe. Anyways, since we were short on time and short on cash we just wanted to do something simple and sweet. Adolfo's favorite food is Pizza, so I had an idea....."earlier that week I sent him an invite in the mail to a special "I love you because Dinner...", so I made him go to the park and play basketball while I "studied". While he was gone, I decorated my room with 100 " I love you because notes" and put them all over the room. They were so cute, they were half an index card and a little red bow, we still have them to this day :).
Getting ready for our Valentine's night and....yes, now Papa Johns has a heart shaped pizzas. We learned that last year, and made sure we could get it again this year. After reading one of my friends blog from ACU, she said her and her husband enjoyed the movie Fireproof, so we thought it would be appropriate for V-day, we loved it!
To end the night, we put on a nice pot of coffee and enjoyed our gift, my Valentine's mug and our sugar cookies, lol, coffee mate, so appropriate, don't you think?

Well, I enjoyed my Valentine and my Saturday! Sunday is full. I have to put some time in at the office, finish packing for my job out of town, and I have Spanish class in the afternoon. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and our sweet do-nothing evenings together. It's my most favorite thing to do. I hope everyone had a great weekend, enjoy what is left of it! Ces.
Again off track, ok, On the floor I made a pizza pic nic, it was all romantic with Candles, wine glasses(sparkling grape juice, since he didn't drink, lol) and papa johns pizza, and a movie. It couldn't have worked out any better, when he came back the door was shut with a big red bow on it, and he went and showered and I told him he had a surprise. As he entered he had to find every note because they were all over the room, and the last note was in the middle of our pic nic. It was so sweet and so simple, and we promised that every valentines to come would be simple, sweet and must include pizza, lol....So, everyone has.....
This morning, I woke up to beautiful flowers on the table, and a sweet card....I get wife cards now! Also, thanks Mom and Curt for our sweet Valentine's, you spoil us, we love yall.
This morning, I woke up to beautiful flowers on the table, and a sweet card....I get wife cards now! Also, thanks Mom and Curt for our sweet Valentine's, you spoil us, we love yall.
Well, I enjoyed my Valentine and my Saturday! Sunday is full. I have to put some time in at the office, finish packing for my job out of town, and I have Spanish class in the afternoon. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and our sweet do-nothing evenings together. It's my most favorite thing to do. I hope everyone had a great weekend, enjoy what is left of it! Ces.

2 comments:
Oh I bought Kris Fireproof and the book The Love Dare for valentines! We watched it last night... Ugghh so good! That's funny though, great minds think alike!
Y'all are super sweet! That Papa John's Pizza is so cool!!
Post a Comment