Monday, February 02, 2009

This weekend got me thinking....

This past weekend was pretty fun and relaxing, although my Friday and Sunday were full of Spanish, and Adolfo is preparing for his first Economics test of the semester. Friday we were able to just relax and do nothing, that is right, nothing!

Saturday, I got up early and made us brunch, YUM! I finally cleaned out our pots and pan cabinet and replaced all our old ones with our new ones, and I LOVE THEM, it might even make me want to cook more. You don't realize how bad your pots and pans are until you get nice ones, so I am excited to use everyone of them. I'll let you know how my masterpieces turn out.

While Adolfo was studying, and I finished the laundry, I surfed the TV, and I came across an organization reality show, the host was a Professional Organizer, can we say cool! How do you get that job, and why wasn't that a degree choice when I was in school?

We were supposed to go to a pre-super bowl party, but we never made it there. Studying ran over and well, we just decided to stay in town. Next time, we promise! Late, late that evening when we decided to catch the last showing of Taken at the Alamo Draft House, it's a pretty good movie, and we love our movies. I think in the month of February there will be a total of 3 movies I want to see. See I make Adolfo's date night options so easy :)!

Sunday we stayed in, and I went to class. We pretty much did nothing but spanish and super bowl. We enjoyed the game, and Tay joined us for the 2nd half. Thanks Mom for all the treats, lol. I have really enjoyed just staying home, I know we will have to rejoin the world eventually but it is nice at the moment.

I loved seeing all the commotion at HEB on my way home. Every one's basket looked the same, and you knew exactly what they were preparing for. There was a shortage of chips, dips, cheese and beer, I even had to get generic rotel, it worked. I loved just watching everyone prepare. You had the men who you could tell were buying their wive's lists, and they were confused. You also had the guys who forgot what the girlfriend's told them to pick up but they were sure beer and chips would cover majority of it. Good times, I am sure I just looked lost staring at everyone, it made me smile though. I love the super bowl, an American tradition, Family and friends coming together, funny commercials and just a great game. Can't wait till next year.

Well, I have also been trying to finish this book I have been reading FOREVER. It is How Strong Women Pray, I love it, it is so inspiring, but it is long. So last night I would not go to bed until I reached 200 pages, and I did only 80 more!

It is a collection of interviews from great women; it talks about the role faith and prayer have played in their lives and how it has helped shape them into who they are today. It is so refreshing to be able to relate with their stories, and know I am not the only person who struggles with everyday things. It helps me refocus and remember life is tough sometimes, but with constant communication and trust in God, there is nothing I can't handle. I woke up this morning with a smile and a grateful heart.

Lunch is over so I must go! I hope everyone one has a great week, Ces.

0 comments: