Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The season of Lent...

Today is the first day of my 40 day journey. The 40 days represent the time Jesus spent in the desert where he endured temptation by Satan. Lent is a time of sacrifice, reflection and prayer for me. It is my time to "de-clutter" all the areas of my life, focus on the essentials and reflect on developing a closer relationship with Christ.

I try so hard during this time to remove all the craziness that fills my everyday life, and take an honest look at my heart and commitment; It is such a beautiful time.

As I was debating on what I wanted to give up during this time, I struggled. Last year I did french fries, well because it was busy season, and you know during this time our menu and dinner includes anything we can pick up on our way home from the office, so that was a struggle, but I did it!

I wanted to do something new this year, and instead of giving something up I wanted to commit to doing something that I have really been struggling with, routine exercise.

I told myself I was going to do it for my health and just to relieve stress. Instead, I just continue to make excuses and am too tired to do it! Well not anymore!

For lent, my commitment is to work out 3 days a week (Mon-Sun) for 45 minutes. This will be challenging since time is a rare commodity these days with busy season and all the great festivities coming up in our family!

This journey is not supposed to be easy, but our commitment must be stronger. I am excited about the next 39 days, and the growth ahead of me. I will let you know how it goes!

Goodnight, and the sweetest dreams, love Ces.

0 comments: