THANK GOD I got out of class early this evening! On my way to class I heard on the radio that there was a tornado watch in Burnet county, and well since I have been here if it is in that area it will soon hit Cedar Park and then us. Well thankfully we got out a half hour early tonight! As soon as I got out I had a call from my Mom, she knows Adolfo and I don't watch the news as much as we should, and she just wanted to make sure we were safe because it was supposed to get bad.
I got home and I saw nothing but big flashes of lightening the whole way home. All I could think about was what are the odds I could get hit from my car to my front door. Well we started noticing that the sky looked awesome and we went outside to see what was blowing in, because we could tell it was blowing in fast from Cedar Park, the bright side is we got to meet alot of our neighbors and just chilled outside talking and waiting!
When it started looking more serious we all decided to go into our houses, and about that time another neighbor came out and said that a tornado had hit ground pretty close to where we lived....AHHH! So we went inside and saw this.....PINK is NOT a good color....especially when it is around where you live!We have never experienced it before, and we didn't know what to expect, KXAN just kept telling us, to find the safest place in your house and stay there until they tell us its ok, just turn the volume up.... So Adolfo shut all the doors with window, flying glass isn't good, then it got really dark and the hail started coming down really hard, pour cars! We will see the damage in the AM. But my job was to get pillows and blankets in the tub, we waited here a little bit, since this is the safest place in our house. Cozy huh? Adolfo was like, Babe your taking a picture NOW, and I just had to remind him this was our 1st Tornado experience together, Documentation babe!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Did you say a TORNADO!
The storm blew over, and we now know how to handle ourselves if it passes by us again in the near future. Adolfo is so excited to get on the water this weekend to see if it did anything on the river, lol. Maybe, maybe not, just let my husband wish!
Safe and sound, Sweet dreams and have a safe and happy weekend! The Castros.
Posted by Celeste Castro at 10:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment