Sunday, April 25, 2010

He's the Boss, I'm just the Helper!

This weekend was part 2 of our big project we are doing for a friend. We started off our morning with breakfast at Bill Miller's, YUM, established our game plan, and then it was off to work....12 hours, NO JOKE!

(My ADD moment: I LOVE getting up super early on the weekends, it is such a peaceful time, and I love spending that time with my hubby, it makes me get excited that we get to grow old together, and one day, we will be that old couple sharing a senior citizen breakfast, and just enjoying a new day, just makes me smile!)

Alright, back to my story....so boss man had big plans for us today, tape/paint a bathroom, and design/stencil/tape and paint the polka dot accent wall!

Adolfo makes fun of me because he tells me, that a good painter never gets too much paint on him, and they keep a clean brush, lol, well I guess I'm not going to be quiting my day job anytime soon, lol.... all I did was carry the paint bucket and load the brush, and I was a mess!

Me, AKA Professional Helper....

Boss Man, in a zone, we breezed through those polka dots! (lol, He's wearing the same outfit 2 weekends in a row, I promise it was washed!)

My job was to design the wall, pick the color pattern, and tape the circles....this is no small job, and Adolfo was so encouraging the whole time....he acted like my coach and gave me pep talks the whole way through, Thanks Babe, lol....

Tada! Accent wall....it looks perfect with the bed, but it's not mine so I don't want to spoil it!
Not bad for our first polka dot room. I am so proud of my hubby, he worked so hard! I am not going to lie, my body is hurting all over...painting is definitely not for weenies, lol. I know I am going to hurt in the AM, but I am so glad we completed our list, and it looks great!

We decided to enjoy a relaxed dinner at Chili's. It was so great to sit, relax, watch some basketball, and just be still, lol. I told Adolfo I was so tired, I had no energy to talk, he laughed and said good! Lol, good thing I love him! As we got our aching boddies from the table, we walked out and enjoyed God's beautiful canvas....I know the picture is horrible, but look at those colors!

Adolfo is knocked out, and I am soon to follow. I had a great day learning from my husband, and being his little helper. Hope yall are enjoying every part of your weekend! C.

Photobucket

0 comments: