Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas, Hill Country Style....

I am so proud to have been born and raised in the beautiful Hill Country, and the holiday season holds such precious memories I love sharing with my family, Adolfo, and one day our little family. It's a feeling I can't explain, yet anyone who has experienced it, appreciates it! Lights Spectacular is an annual tradition in our family, and if you only ever visit Johnson City once in your life let it be the weekend after Thanksgiving, our town turns into a Hallmark Movie, and I love it! Lights, Christmas carols, great food, hot cider, funnel cakes, horse carriage rides, hay rides and SANTA!!!!! Can't you tell we love it, there are over a million Christmas lights when you combine our Court House, our park and PEC, BEAUTIFUL!
My Mom and her girls ready for some lights!!!

Adolfo and I entering the Park!
Everyone in their life, should experience a Hill Country Christmas!

Celebrating Christmas with fireworks, right before Santa came to town!

Annual Sister Sleigh picture in the Park , 2009!

Cousins in the park....

PEC Lights, so pretty, and the Blue tree...

The Castros, playing in the lights, 2009!

Our Annual Santa picture, with the boys, lol, they can't get out of it, it's tradition!

This was a great weekend for Adolfo, he got a buck on Saturday morning, at 6:40AM, How do I know the exact time you ask, lol? Well because he ran back to the ranch, into the room and said babe I got one, get your coat and shoes on, and lets get the truck, lol, so there I go in my cute pink PJ's, my Sperry's, and my pea coat, lol, classy!!! But that's why I love the country, lol, who's going to see us????No one! Now we have meat for the year, it's being processed and it will all be ours in a few weeks, YUM!

I am so grateful for the time off to relax, go home and be with my family, doing things we enjoy the most! It was so nice to catch up with everyone home for the holidays, and just re-energize for the busy weeks ahead before Christmas. Tonight Adolfo and I came home, tried a new recipe, made and apple pie, and put a roast in the crock pot for tomorrow, our house smells so good at the moment! We ended our night in a blanket watching a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel! I LOVE HALLMARK!!! The temperature dropped and it is definitely feeling alot like Christmas!
No luck getting Christmas decorations out, much less up but I am ahead of the game on my shopping, just a few more things and I am done and it's on to the fun part, WRAPPING! Well this is entirely to long, and I must go to bed!
Warm wishes, C.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun!!!

Love the deer! It makes me miss Texas.

Love the new look on the blog- adorable.