Alright, so last night Adolfo and I had the greatest plans in the world to get things done, well that did not happen because well, we fell asleep EARLY! Our bodies needed sleep I guess. So since I am not at my home computer and I could not tell about our retreat without photos, I thought I would take everyone back to that special day, lol, he was so nervous.
This weekend we attended our Together In God's Image marriage retreat. It was really nice to spend this quality time together, along with 30 other couples. In the three days we discussion the direction of marriage today, communication (Adolfo is the Listener I am the Talker, imagine that!) and learning what are the best approaches to handle each other, that was day one, and we played this really fun Fiance game to see how well we knew one another, we did pretty good! Day two, we continued our communication discussion, we also talked about family planning, children, and how we wanted to raise a family, we also had a lot of couple reflection time. On the second day, we ended the night with a nice couples rosary. It was still pretty early so we went on a really long walk. We found a trail and when as you walked through the trail there were random signs with sayings, by the time you completed the trail you had read Psalm 100, it was very nice one on one time. The next day was our stewardship discussion and we had to discover what our gift was. Adolfo was an encourager and creative and I was encourager and leadership. Then it was THE BUDGET, that was fun because this is where alot of couples hit heads a little, but because we are so strict with this area, we were pretty much already in line with the financial planner. We had an amazing breakfast on Sunday, and a nice couples mass and then we were home.
Over all, the weekend went well and solidified that we are taking our relationship in the right direction. Well, we already knew, now the church knows too! I highly recommend some type of marriage prep course to anyone getting married, I feel like this weekend has brought us closer on a whole other level. I truly believe I am with the man God made for me, and that is a wonderful feeling.
Until next time, Love Ces.

0 comments:
Post a Comment