Friday, January 01, 2010

Saying good-bye to 2009, Gladly welcoming 2010!

We are so grateful for the many blessing we were brought in 2009, and enjoyed all our "Firsts" as a married couple. But I am not going to lie, I was so glad to wrap up 2009, and we are looking forward to all the wonderful things 2010 has in store for the both of us, and our families. No resolution blog for the moment, lol, we are still thinking, we have an idea, but that's for a later post.

Wednesday night was super busy for us, and I had an appointment to pick up my Mom's ring. We'll while we were at Jared's, I always go by the wedding bands to see if they have the one I LOVE, and they had it! Every time I go into Jared's I play with it, look at it, LOVE it, and Adolfo says lets get it, and I say NO, with my long laundry list of excuses. Well, when I finally talked myself into it, it was gone, and I was sad. Well, it's back, and Adolfo wouldn't take NO for an answer this time! So after talking myself into it, out of it, and back into it....

IT'S FINALLY MINE!
Thursday, we celebrated New Year's Eve, with a nice casual dinner at Roaring Fork! I figured with all the changes Adolfo and I will be making in 2010, to be the healthest we can be (lol, well for us), I wanted to end it with a nice burger, and they definitely have a nice burger! We enjoyed a nice dinner remembering 2009, and discussing the things we are excited for in 2010!

Last year, we enjoyed a nice carriage ride downtown, and I loved it! So We did it again this year. We enjoyed a nice carriage ride up and down congress, people watching and enjoying a nice cup of hot cocoa and mocha! I don't know what it is, but I LOVE carriage rides....

Austin does this thing for New Year's, I think it's called First Night, or something like that. It's full of food Boothe's, free activities for families with little ones, and free live music, so we just walked around, looked at everything, and listened to some very creative musicians! But we couldn't leave without Adolfo checking out the Alligator on the stick, it wasn't too bad....

No big surprise, The Castro's LOVE to dance! So as we were walking around, and FREEZING! Adolfo decided we should go check out this new little country dance hall downtown, so I said, Do they have a heater, lol, well then why not! We walked in, and it looked like we walked into a set from Urban Cowboy, lol I LOVE URBAN COWBOY! So we passed on fireworks, and stayed there to bring in the new year! Nice country music, great atmosphere, and I loved watching people get kicked off the mechanical bull, lol!

Remember the Movie?

We love seeing great dancers and TRYING to learn their steps. Well, we found an older couple, and we just watched them float. Well, befor the night was over, his wife came up to us, and asked where we learned to dance, and what was the name of the steps we did, lol!!!! Her and her husband loved the way WE danced, and wanted to know what it was called, lol, it doesn't have a name, just follow the music, lol! She loved the "extra" step we throw in, and she's done it before, but it is hard to teach, but she love's dancing it! She said she couldn't teach her husband....so we were in awe, we were obsessed about watching them, and they were watching us!
We had a great time, laying low in ATX, and are ready to begin our week of vacation. We decided nothing big, just alot of little trips and even more relaxing. This is going to be a busy year, and we need all the R&R we can take in! So stay-cation here we come! Don't worry, I am sure we will be sharing our daily events, so excited!!!!
The Castros!

0 comments: