Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prayers....

Every day, I am grateful for my job and the place I work. I am more grateful for my team members and every person I have gotten the opportunity to work with these past four years. They are my 2nd family; we see each other 50+ hours a week sometimes, we share happy times, stressful times, and sad times together.

Tuesday, our work family received some extremely sad news; one of my co-workers had lost her child. Baby E was only 5 months old, and I couldn’t get enough of her. I worked with her Mom a great deal these last few weeks. I loved hearing new stories, bugging her about when I could meet her, and just wanting the opportunity to squeeze her little one. She would suffice me with pictures, but not for long. This past weekend I finally got to meet her, she was so beautiful and perfect in every way. I am in shock, but so grateful I got to meet and play with her and see all of them together as a family.

This week, by far, has been the most challenging thing we have all experienced together. My heart is so heavy for their family. I can’t even imagine the pain they must be feeling in this moment. I only knew Baby E for a short moment, but was able to witness the joy she brought to both her parents through stories and just watching them interact together. My heart just aches, and I can’t explain it, they are such wonderful people, their lives are forever changed, and I just hurt for them.

It has been a very gloomy day here, very numb feeling, and I am grateful I have work to do to take my mind off of what they are experiencing at this very moment. I have been in constant prayer for their family that God just wraps them in his arms and provides their family the comfort and strength they need to face this horrible situation. I trust in God’s plan and His faithfulness. I believe with all my heart, He alone is our true source of strength and I know He is going to carry them through whatever challenges they face together.

Please keep their family and my co-workers in your prayers during this very challenging time.

No more words, C.

0 comments: