Sunday, October 04, 2009

We LOVED our weekend!

Wow! This weekend was nothing like we expected. The Castro's plan was to get my test over ASAP and then make our way to my parents for weekend festivities. Well, not so much, but we adjusted. It has been so rainy, and cool, these past couple of days, we knew the rain was going to affect our decision about heading out for the weekend. I did not feel prepared Friday night for my test, so we decided to take it later Saturday morning. I was stressing out, imagine that, so I called my parents and told them change of plans....we were just going to hang out in Austin for the weekend and recuperate, and that we did!

Saturday, after my test, we just came home. The weather was perfect, a little cool, and rainy, we were in for the night! It was a lazy day at our house, me on the couch in a blanket and Adolfo on the recliner wrapped up in his blanket too! We watched movies on TV and fell asleep....I slept so much that evening, that I woke up at 2:30AM this morning, ha, full of energy.....well, I thought I'd let my sweet husband sleep but what to do?

I decided at 2:30AM I would get up and clean house, clean out the junk drawers, dust, and finish our little laundry we accumulated this week. I took my time and was done by 4:30! I just enjoyed the morning, took a shower and watched a movie on LMN.... last time my mother was here she left pancake mix, so I thought Hmmm, I'll surprise Adolfo with a morning breakfast, made by yours truly!

I wanted to say thank you to him for being so patient with me, allowing me my time to stress out about my test and waiting on me for forever while I took it! I made him pancakes and eggs, I have never really made pancakes before, ha, I always just buy frozen waffles....so I thought I'd give it a try....
Well, well, not so bad, huh?

We enjoyed our morning together, being lazy! This afternoon we just spent the day together. We needed new pillows, we are pretty picky but we decided on two new Sealys so I hope they don't let us down. I finally used my birthday present from Adolfo and bought me some new workout shirts and running shorts. We also bought a medic ball, since it is doing awesome things for Adolfo in his cardio class he decided we could do them at home together, so I am excited! Well, we are calling it a night early and just getting ready for the week ahead, using our new pillows in bed and excited to watch the season finale of Kourtney & Kloe, I don't know why but I can't get enough of the crazy Kardasians! So, although our weekend wasn't as planned we loved it!

Pleasantly surprised, The Castros.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Those pancakes and eggs look yummy!