Warning: Blog will be a little random in nature, but hey, it is what it is!
I have definitely had my fair share of studying and reading Accounting Literature this week for sure, and I will be so happy Saturday morning, once my test is done and over with. So before class today I had to run by Walgreen's for something, and I passed the magazine rack....I have 2 hours between when I get off and when my class starts, so I decided to treat myself!
I bought the October issue of REAL SIMPLE, I LOVE this magazine, my friend JJ brought it into my life in college, and I just love it! My subscription finally ran out, so I just get it when I remember, or am waiting in line at the store. I won't let myself stand in line and flip through it, I don't like spoiling anything. Haha, I mean I read every part of it, Table of Contents, letter from the editor, I love the monthly quote and life lessons and question of the month, oh the list goes on, but you get the picture!
September is so sweet to me, It really gets me in the mood for fall. I love October for all different reasons, because the cool weather is coming, we start thinking of our "cool weather" food, Mom's Chili (YUM), fall shopping, time change is getting closer! I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR....
Focus, ok, back to my magazine, so I thought I would blog about my month, as I go through my magazine. I don't like reading it all at once, I process it, and enjoy an article here and there and just enjoy the $4.99 I can't believe I spend on it, but hey I do pass it on, so I share therefore the price is allocated amongst all the lovely people in my life, it's a gift!
If you read the magazine, stop here, I don't want to spoil anything! If you don't care keep going...
The first thing I do when I open the magazine is read their "Thoughts" so hear is what it said....
"It's completely usual for me to get up in the morning, take a look around, and laugh out loud"- Barbara Kingsolver
I just love this, and I thought, hmmm? How do I start my mornings, not with laughter! Why don't I start my day with a good laugh. I mean it would completely set the tone for my day. Sure I am a pretty happy person, but oh I feel great after a good laugh. Laughter keeps us young, so why don't we make it a point in our life to have a good one everyday? I mean some days I speed out the door, complain on mopac, or listen to my radio, rush through my to-do's, move on to the next activity, dinner, clean up, homework, bed, and then we do it all over again.....UM!
When did I ever stop and just enjoy all that God's brought to my life? Where was my laughter for the day? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life, I am blessed, and we do take time to do what we love. But to take the time to be still, appreciate life whole-heartedly, and just laugh, I don't think I take that time as much as I should! So now, thanks to REAL SIMPLE, I am thinking about it, and I am going to try and start my morning with a smile and a good laugh!
WOW! This was just 2 pages in the magazine, can't wait for more, no cheating ahead!
Happy October, and all the joy it brings! C.
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Its EXACTLY 11:11, I love 11!
Posted by Celeste Castro at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment