Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Hunting Weekend...

Adolfo and I spent the weekend at my Grandparent's ranch. We got the chance to catch up with some of my cousins I haven't seen in a really long time, and just relax. Friday night, my Grandma made dinner and we all caught up over a nice glass of wine, and the night was over. The whole point of the trip was so that I could go on my 1st Dove Hunt....so Saturday morning we got up at 6:30 and headed to our family friend's lease.

The Castro's a little after 7AM, I don't do early, haha!
It was so beautiful and peaceful being up that early just waiting with Adolfo. He brings so many fun things into my life that I know I wouldn't have tried otherwise! With him it's always just a little more exciting! It wasn't the best day, and we waited awhile before a few doves came our way, but when they did we were ready! We don't see many beautiful sunrises together, but when we do I enjoy every second, and this was one of those mornings!

Adolfo's ready, so of course I wanted a picture, he just told me, "Babe, no more pictures after we start hunting, ha Yes Dear!"

Then it was my turn! AMAZINGLY FUN! I didn't hit anything, but oh the adrenaline that went through me right before I pulled the trigger was awesome! No birds for me, I think I might have even closed my eyes the first time, but it was awesome! I definitely want to shoot a gun again, not necessarily go hunting, but shoot a gun, DEFINITELY!



My first shotgun shell, 2009

This was such a fun experience, and I am so grateful I got to spend this time with my husband, doing what he loves to do, and just having fun! I have HORRIBLE allergies, and we found out quick that I wouldn't be invited back for Deer Hunting in November, haha. I would scare them all away because I didn't stop sneezing until 9AM, and that just wouldn't be acceptable. I can live with that, haha!

Happy Hunting, The Castros.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Very impressive!!! Looks like yall had fun.