THE CASTROS! This weekend I am at my parent's because we had our annual Mother, Daughter shopping day. Growing up each year, since we were little girls, my Mom would take us into Austin so we could pick out that one special outfit we would wear on Christmas Eve. Yes, even though we're all grown up and her 20-something year olds, we are still her babies, and the tradition continues.
~
Although our lives are busy in a million different directions, we never forget our special time. This gives us one weekend a year to just be together, the girls, and remember all the CRAZY outfits Mom let us get to express ourselves, or just our favorite holiday memories. This year is different because our middle sister is engaged. Since we were all in town, we decided to try on a special dress, and check our some venues. My Mom raised some great multi-taskers! We started our AM off right with breakfast, dress shopping and then it was off to the mall.
~
My mom, and her girls, Christmas Shopping Trip 2009!
Shopping with us is intense, lol, ask Tay! We start each adventure with a trip to the ladies room, lol, this is just a random picture Tay took of us playing in the mirror, and I love it, hope it's not too dark, it looks nice on her phone....Let the shopping begin, no joke we have a game plan every time....
Today was so special and much needed. I am so grateful for my Mom and my sisters. I feel so blessed to have the relationships and bond I have with each one of them. There is never a dull moment, and I wouldn't have it any other way! We loved our day, thanks for making us feel so special Mom! After all the walking, talking, driving, it was just fun to hug, say goodbye and know we all be seeing each other in less than 5 days! We are so excited for the holidays and being with all our families. Christmas is special because we have a HUGE family....so me make on big circle and then our holiday is complete. It is important for us to see everyone, so we will start in Austin with the Castros, Friday with my family, Saturday during the day with Grandma and Nana, and then finish the holiday off strong with a nice dinner with my Grandparent's at the Ranch! FUN, but we are really going to be looking forward to a quiet, SLOW New Years, and relaxing vacation!~
As I sit here at my parent's typing, dreaming, and thinking about happy times to come, I started looking through old pictures stored on their computer, and look what I found!
~
So now it's time for bed, and a fun Sunday ahead. Church, helping my Mom wrap up Christmas decor and presents, and then off to Heathers to attempt my first EVER batch of fudge, fingers crossed!
~
6 Days and counting, C.

1 comments:
How did I not know that Claudia got engaged? How exciting! I love hearing about all your sweet family traditions! So cute! Hope you all have a great holiday!
Much Love,
JJ
Post a Comment