Tuesday, December 22, 2009

With time on my hands...

I finally completed my first sewn pillow! This is only my second project, lol, but I am just as proud of it as my first. Eventually I want to be able to make beautiful, inexpensive things for my home, that not only I can enjoy, but I can share with my family and friends as well.
~
I am definitely in the learning stage, and I see an image in my head and I have to make it happen. My Grandma gave me a great idea to make slip covers, not just pillows. So this is my first slip cover, and yes, I had a list next to me the whole time, of improvements for my next one, but I am happy to see a finished product, and I love it!
~
Adolfo was so proud of me, lol. He tested it out, laid on it, fluffed it up, and then said, Good Job Babe! He grew up with his Mom sewing, and has a great eye for detail, so he saw the same things I did, but overall loved it for my first try...funny how we think so much alike, lol!
~

Me and my first....

When I got my machine, I knew I was going to use it for my home. We don't change our style up too much, because well, we are pretty strict with our budget, and you can waste so much money constantly switching things up. So, My couch is a burgundy red, and our rug is a mix of Burgundy reds, greens, warm colors, so I am adding life with the accents!

Thanks for sharing in my excitement!

3 days and counting, C.

0 comments: