Too, too fast when you are having fun with the ones you love! Saturday we went with Adolfo's family to one of the best Quinceneras I have ever been to here in Austin. We hung out with family and caught up since it had been awhile since I had seen everyone. Sunday morning for Mother's Day we met my Mom, Curt and Tay at the Olive Garden for an early lunch and to exchange presents. I love spoiling and trying to surprise my Mom! Although I must say, Adolfo out did me a little, he scored points for creativity and thoughtfulness. My mom LOVES the Yankees, but she never had a T-Shirt. She has always made comments about how she loves the navy shirts with the Big NY logo on it, but we never thought to get her one. Well, Adolfo did, and he surprised her and she loved it! We had such a great time, and you know how nice dinners are with Curt, lol, he orders everything on the menu and then expects us to eat it all, we tried alot of new things and definitely found some new favorites! We enjoyed getting to catch up and spend time with the family. My mother had a beautiful day, and she deserved every second of it.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Weekends go by too fast!
Adolfo, my mom and me...
After Olive Garden, we headed to the Ranch to spend the afternoon with Adolfo's mom and hang out with the family and BBQ, all I can say is we NEVER are short on food and this was no exception...It was a beautiful day to be outside and we just enjoyed it!
Aurora, my MIL, opening her gifts....

Daniel, Alex and Adolfo preparing the grill for all our food...I guess when you party as much as we do, everyone needs a kitchen outside! They have this awesome 3 burner grill, a large deep fryer, along with the smoker pits, if we can't make it with these guy toys, then they say we don't need it, lol....Dinner was awesome, needless to say I am not going to do so hot at our Biggest Loser weigh in #1!
Yes, I helped make these! They love the Stuffed Jalapenos, we did SOOO many and I don't even eat them. They are pretty simple to make, but man they make you cough, cry, and don't make the mistake of rubbing your eyes!!!!
Adolfo relaxing in our favorite chairs!
As you all know, there is never a dull moment out at the Ranch, and Aurora loves roosters and animals. This is her newest rooster she got from one of her grandsons.....his color is so pretty!
And this is her second addition that they rescued from the side of the highway. Isn't he precious. When Adolfo and I started dating they had a deer named Bambi that we helped raise from the same age, but as she grew older she became a little more wild and eventually took off, but now we have a new baby. They really do raise them like a pet dog, we play with them they come up and lay by your feet and walk around the yard with you, they are so sweet.
Sunday evening we watched Adolfo'a brother play co-ed baseball, it reminded me of how much I LOVE baseball, and could just hang out at the ball park all weekend! Hopefully eventually we can be active on a league once life slows down a little, one day! Lol, some of my best childhood memories are at the ballpark watching my Dad's league team play! We had a very eventful weekend and got to spend a great deal of time with our families, even better.
This week is going by quickly, it is our final week so there is a great deal of studying going on at the Castro's and then we get a small break! Speaking of, I have to hit the books!
Have a great week, Love Ces.
Posted by Celeste Castro at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment