After my last post things got a little eventful for the Castros! After class on Friday, Adolfo met me at one of our little favorite Mexican restaurants for Dinner and then we caught a movie, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was definitely one you could wait to see at home, but we had a great date night doing what we love best, I don't think our date nights will ever get old!
As we are always looking for ways to save and get us into our 1st home, we decided maybe we should start doing date mornings, how fun! No one has to get dressed, we can stay in our PJ's, early bird movies are super cheap, and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Why haven't we thought of this sooner?
Sunday morning I had class, and Adolfo decided to go to his parent's ranch and spend the day with them. Aurora and Alex, my MIL and FIL, LOVE being outside working on the yard, and when they finally built there home, Alex built Aurora this sweet little green house, just for her plants, flowers, and a cute little table so she could sit and watch her pretty flowers grow. Well she also has TONS of plants and rose bushes outside. Since the weather was so nice on Sunday, Adolfo helped her pull out all her pots and get the green house all ready for the summer! After class, Tay and I layed out by the pool and just read, relaxed and got a little sun.
Well, once he got home his back was not feeling so great, I gave him something for the pain and put icy hot on his back to see if it would help, it did for a little bit, but the pain got worse as the night progressed. He had to sit up really straight, and if he laid down he had trouble getting up. I felt HORRIBLE, I couldn't do anything to make it better and I couldn't help him get up without hurting him. I got upset because I didn't know what to do to make it better, he wanted to just stay in one spot, but I knew if he didn't move it would only make him stiff. So we finally started putting a hot towel on his back to relax his muscles and it seemed to help, but it was already midnight, I think we were getting up every 30 minutes to reheat, re-adjust or walk so he didn't get tight, he finally felt good enough to lay down around 6am. It was a LONG helpless night! We could not get into the doctor until 4pm this afternoon, so we just took it slow. We found a new doctor close to our house that will definitely be our new family doctor, this is exciting because I hate finding new doctors! He was great, told us we didn't have anything to worry about and gave Adolfo some medication that would help make it all better.
I said enough with the hot towels so we got his prescription and a new heating pad this evening. Now as we are supposed to be watching the Lakers together, but 24 hours later my sweet husband FINALLY fell asleep here next to me with is new hot-pad. I guess I will stay up and watch the game since it is the last quarter, and the Lakers are losing! Wouldn't that be the best ending to our crazy night, we for me at least, not so much for Adolfo.
Well, now that the mood is back to calm with the Castro's, I hope everyone has sweet dreams and a great week!
Happy Early Cinco de Mayo, The Castros.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Wow, what a LONG couple of days....
Posted by Celeste Castro at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment