This past weekend Tay and I headed back home to meet up with my Mom and spend Saturday taking care of our sister! Nothing helps you recover faster than a day doing NOTHING with your Mom and sisters.
Grandma helping me with the bow....tricky!
Lesson #1: Don't use pins instead do a quick stitch by hand to hold the fabric together, run it through the machine with the stitch as your guide, then remove when you are done!
Hers...and mine, new generations....
Finished! Thank you Grandma....she truly has a gift in what she does! I am so grateful I get the time to just visit and be with her in her element, and learn all her little tricks of the trade. I am so grateful for our time we got to spend just chatting and sewing at the kitchen table, I love you Grandma! (The Front)
The back, I LOVE bows...Wrapped and ready to go home to Austin!
Saturday, we spent the day spoiling and taking care of our sister! She is taking it easy and her recovery is going well, but we just know seeing us is going to make it go by so much quicker, lol. I am so grateful for her and her amazing doctors and nurses. They took such great care of her, and for that I am grateful....
If you know my family, you know we love the Kennedy Family, so we woke up early Saturday morning and spent the day taking care of Claudia and celebrating the life of Ted Kennedy. We watched it from start to finish on CNN. What a beautiful tribute to a man who truly was a servant for the people, and used his authority and every ounce of his gifts to be the voice for those who couldn't be heard. What a great message his life leaves us, NEVER GIVE UP and with great reward comes great responsibility, Thank you Teddy!
My Mom spoiled us with an oldie but goodie breakfast, YUM! We spent the day, snacking, coloring, crying, and just enjoying Claudia and CNN....You're NEVER too old to color....so Tay and I colored for Claudia, lol, thought I'd share....
One picture I colored....She loves Kittens...
Tay's color by numbers, lol, great job little sister...
I am so thankful for the quality time I got to spend with my family, wish I could have seen GMA J and Grandpa this weekend too! But they got to spend a nice evening catching up with Claudia & Jaime, so I guess we can share, lol...You can't put a price on the gift of time, you never get it back or a second chance to re-live it, so don't take it for granted!
Adolfo spent the weekend in Austin, getting ahead in his classes, relaxing, and getting ready for dove season. Now, I am just sitting here enjoying my night with my husband, I missed him! We hope you enjoy your week, we will!
Joyful, The Castros.

1 comments:
I love your apron! So stinking cute. I wish I knew how to sew. You are so domestic.
Post a Comment