This past year I have become active with the YWA Community Service Committee. I have always loved being apart of my community, volunteering and helping out as much as I can. When I moved to Austin it was overwhelming how many things you could be apart of and all the opportunities available to serve others! So overwhelming, I didn't even know what I wanted to do, or where to begin.
This summer we volunteered at the YMBL Austin Sunshine Camps. It was such a blast just getting to go and spent time with the kids and help out any way that I could. It was such a blessing for me to get to meet these children, share there stories, and just be so appreciative of their time at the Camp.
Tonight was the Camp's end of the summer extravaganza dinner, and I got an invitation to share in the festivities. We all got together for dinner at Chuy's, Yum! I was able to visit and meet alot of the summer counselors and just learn about what the Camp meant to them.
I had such a beautiful evening getting to know everyone, all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes, and all the hours involved in keeping this program running. They where so appreciative for what I had done for them this summer, all it took was a little of my time, that is it! I have such a grateful heart, God knew finding the right organization to be a part of was overwhelming me, and He found one perfect for me, that allows me to meet wonderful professional women and serve my community. I am so appreciative for this, these young little children touched my heart more than they will ever even know, so I say thank you!
A grateful heart, C.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
A greatful heart!
Posted by Celeste Castro at 7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment