Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Completely spoiled by this man!

Last night on my way home from work, Adolfo called me and told me he got something I would be really excited about. Know brace yourself, because to some it might be a little CHEESY, but I was excited. I have always been entertained by Hannah Montana, lol, weird I know! Partly because I think she resembles my little cousin Kelsey, who happens to LOVE to entertain as well, so I guess subcontiously it reminds me of the hours Kelsey would spend putting on concerts for us, but anyways, her Movie came out yesterday, and well I wanted to see it, not bad enough to go to the theatre but enough to want to rent it! Well Adolfo called and told me to get excited because our night was going to be full of Hannah Montana the movie and Steaks! Lovin' it!

About a week ago, Adolfo got a really great deal on a package of steaks, 18 for $40. Great deal I know, but that means there will be many steak filled dinners at the Castro's for awhile. Monday he marinated them overnight in lea and perins (2) and orange teriaki (2), separate NOT a combination, and Tuesday he fired up the grill, and well, here you have it! We realized that we are not COMPLETELY incompetent in the kitchen we just have to work at it, and great things could one day come out of it, lol.
Sharing our dinner, Adolfo was in charge of the steaks, my job was the corn, salad and sweet tea! YUM! Not bad for non-cooks, lol....


Tonight, I just got home from a meeting and Adolfo headed out to the lease to lay feed and just see what is coming around, he is still pretty excited for hunting season, and I am pretty excited to sport my new camo shirt, lol! I have the next 2 days off, so we will see what is in store at the Castros, no plans yet, but I might be compiling a list a few minutes from now!

Am I right about Hannah Montana! What a cutie...but don't tell her that, she gets it enough, lol, jk, love you chica!


Cooking with The Castros, well trying, lol.

2 comments:

Claudia Ribera said...

Where are the veges in that salad missy?!? Cucumbers? Carrots?

Celeste Castro said...

Lol, Baby steps, there were some in there you just can't see them! Tomatoes were in the fridge for Sandwiches, carrots were schredded, I don't like cucumbers, those are Adolfo's snacks. We are starting SMALL. I also made some Awesome, homeade blue berry muffins I will talk about later, I am never making them out of a bag again!