Monday, August 03, 2009

Sew Happy!

Tonight, after we spent ALL weekend cleaning and organizing our sweet little space, I decided it was time to break out my sewing machine, finally! Awhile back you might remember me talking about the first pattern I wanted to attempt and complete, no matter how long it might take me the first go around. Well, while Adolfo completed his research for his speech this week and I started my pattern.

To start off, I had to RE-learn how to thread my bobbin....
Practice my stitch, still learning....Front....

Back.....

Step One: Measure and cut out patterns - complete!

It was such a quiet and relaxing project, something very therapeutic about the process. Since I am very picky about details it was fun ironing, measuring and cutting the fabric. Next, I will attempt Step 2...pockets and loops.....


I was taught to always visualize the end result, so fingers crossed this is my end result!
Happy Sewing, Ces.

4 comments:

Claudia Ribera said...

I want a sewing machine!!!

Celeste Castro said...

Yeah, think of the money we will save on alterations!!! That's what gets me excited, I had a rip in my slacks last night, and I just stitched them right up, lol!

Taylor Summy said...

OMG I want one too...lol

Claudia Ribera said...

Jaime and I Love dominoes too but sometimes we just don't feel like counting dots.