Wednesday, August 05, 2009

So happy it's Wednesday!

I am so happy today is today! I have 2 classes left in my Art class, and then I am on to bigger and better things. I was so stressed this week because I had to give a speech about a beautiful cathedral I knew NOTHING about! Note to self: Don't do the research and the presentation all in the same night. But, it got done and it went well so now I am over it.

Art history has pretty much consumed my Tues and Thurs this summer, and my final is next Tuesday and I am ready! I can get a zero and still get a C if I try then I have a B, such a nice place to be at!

Thought I'd share a little Art History with yall....
Well, in honor of my hard work I thought I would swing by Old-Navy and treat myself and use my 10% off coupon before it expired! In honor of my studious week, I decided to go preppy! I LOVE my new vest, and I got this really cute white shirt, not plain thought, to go under it, so professional!

This week we did a school supply drive in our office, and I bought a few things to drop off. Can I just tell you, I had so much fun shopping for my supplies. It brought back SO many childhood memories! School supplies shopping was always a fun time in our family! My mom made it really special for us. We were excited all day because we knew that when she got off of work, on that special day, she would change really fast and we would head to Marble Falls to get our supplies at Wal-Mart. Every year we would have our list, and our Mom would let us pick out all our favorite things, in our favorite colors. I am smiling right now just thinking about it! I remember we couldn't wait to get home to organize them all and write our names on EVERYTHING, and then we would set our bag by our bed and just wait in anticipation for school to start. We were nerds, lol.

Today, I am grateful for alot of things! I am so grateful I work for a company that supports and encourages me to continue my education. In all honesty, I really do enjoy being in a class room and getting to learn, I just hate the homework and tests! I am grateful for the time my parent's took to make us feel so special on our back to school shopping and dinner dates. Finally, I am so grateful for my college education, and my parents; who believed in us more than we believed in ourselves some days! We are very fortunate kiddos, and couldn't have done this without them!

C.

1 comments:

Claudia Ribera said...

Amen to that sista! Remember how packed our backpacks were..lol?