After much resting Friday afternoon, we got ready to attend Adolfo's nephew's summer commencement program. I love having having the time to get ready at my own speed, and take my time!
The Castros....on our way! I LOVE him in orange!
Pics with the family after the program, Christopher and Adolfo's aunt who is visiting, we love when family comes to visit!Aunt Jaunita is so much fun, and I love being around her! It gives me the chance to practice my Spanish, I don't know why but I get so nervous, and I have to have my little bird on my shoulder (Adolfo) to help me out! I want to learn so bad, because I would love to just sit and talk, and share stories with her, but we manage to get alot of great conversations in otherwise.

We had to call the evening early since Adolfo had to go into work for the evening, so I stayed home and worked on my little project! Step 2 - 4 were making the pocket, attaching the pocket (AHHH!) and then preparing and attaching the towel loop. Easy right? Nope, sewing is definitely challenging, but I am NOT A QUITTER, I will get it, but it isn't happening over night!
My little pocket! Concept is cute, oh and I used my new press pad, I LOVE IT! The seams and stitches are horrible, but you get the idea, it will come with time and way more confidence (as well as great sewing tutorial and day at my Grandma Marie's table)...

My pocket attached. This looks so easy, but don't be deceived, this was my most challenging part! I was overwhelmed with the amount of material I had to maneuver through the machine, as well as figuring out how NOT to tangle my thread....but I did it, again stitching isn't great, but it is an area of improvement....so I am happy!

What a great project to end on, the towel loop! I handled that part, and it lifted the spirits....don't worry the ugly part will be covered....

Steps completed....it looks so simple huh? But I was so proud of my hard work, it is coming together! Next I have my trim, borders and pleats!!! Wish me luck....

This evening we are going to a BBQ at my boss' house! So, we are just relaxing, might step out for a walk, and then I need to prepare my dish. Our kitchen has been getting so much attention, I hope it doesn't breakdown on us!
Determined, C.
0 comments:
Post a Comment